SmartMusic review

I have wanted to purchase SmartMusic for years. During my student teaching, my cooperating teacher had a subscription and used it occasionally during class. One feature that I like about SmartMusic is the loop feature. Looping a phrase and playing multiple times in a row is a technique that I use in class and in my personal practice. The repetition helps students create the muscle memory and the complete understanding of a specific phrase or a whole piece of music.

The implementation of the SmartMusic technology would be a relatively easy task for my students. Students at my school are required to use personal computers in each class. If I were able to purchase SmartMusic TEACH, then all of my concert band students would be able to complete their playing tests and finals using SmartMusic.

SmartMusic makes it easy to practice with or without accompaniment. Students can toggle the accompaniment on or off by clicking the accompaniment volume. The same goes for the student's part. If a student wants to practice with their part only, they can click off the accompaniment and add it back in if needed.
SmartMusic tutorial
















SmartMusic is easy to navigate. The overall layout of the program is very logical and is self-explanatory. 

SmartMusic has a vast library of accompaniments that you can access through the program. This makes it an ideal program for concert band class as well as private lesson studios. Students can use SmartMusic for concert or festival preparation, or even Solo and Ensemble preparation. SmartMusic can also play the accompaniment during a solo performance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Week 2 Reflection

Noteflight review